There are so many fantastic non-profit organizations in Arkansas, each contributing to our community in their own unique way, making Arkansas a better place to live.
Channel 7 is celebrating these great Arkansas non-profit organizations with the Spirit of Arkansas Award. Nominate a worthy non-profit organization by filling out the form below. Tell us about the great work that’s being done, and why that non-profit deserves special recognition. If chosen, that organization will win a $1,000 donation to use toward their efforts to benefit others. Donation provided by the Rainwater, Holt, and Sexton law firm. They’ll also be featured on Channel 7 News as the Spirit of Arkansas Award winner!NOTE: While every submission is received, we will only respond to those who have been chosen. Thank you for your understanding.
Spirit of Arkansas Award CONTEST RULES
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be a U.S. resident who is 18 years of age or older and reside in the KATV viewing area. Nominees must be non-profit organizations residing in the KATV viewing area. Entrants cannot nominate themselves, immediate family members, any person living with entrant, or any organization. Families are defined as one or more parent or legal guardian with one or more child residing in the same household. Nominees must not have received a prize from the Station within the past thirty (30) days.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., KATV LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station KATV (the
Holt & Sexton, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term
includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. One entry per IP address. More than one nomination may be received per nominee from different entrants.
2. Log on to www.katv.com to complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone, age, along with the nominee’s name, address, phone, and briefly describe the nominee’s story of need and why their organization should be recognized. No mechanically produced or completed entries will be accepted. By entering, entrants acknowledge that the nominee, and not the entrant, is eligible to win a prize.
3. The contest starts on August 31, 2015 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on February 22, 2016 (the
Contest Period). Entries/nominations must be received by Station by 12:00 a.m. CT on the last Thursday of every other week during
the Contest Period to qualify for the bi-weekly judging. The Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer, or any other electronic malfunction.
4. All entries/nominations will be judged by a panel of three (3) judges comprised of Station and sponsor personnel based on need (34%), impact (33%), and newsworthiness (33%). On the last Thursday of every other week during the Contest Period, one (1) winner will be determined by the judge(s) in their sole and absolute discretion based on the criteria set forth above, for a total of thirteen (13) winners. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next bi-weekly judging. The decisions of the judge(s) shall be final. The Station reserves the right to reduce the total number of winners if it determines that sufficient entries have not been received.
5. The entrant must appear on a segment which may air on the Station to explain the organization’s nomination and reasons. As a condition of winning, the winning nominee must be willing to be featured in the segment which will air on the Station and be archived on www.katv.com during the Contest Period beginning August 31st, 2015.
6. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Stations and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. The thirteen (13) winners will each receive one thousand dollars ($1000) in cash and will be featured during a segment which may air on the Station. The value of such on-air appearance cannot be determined. The Stations
reserve the right to not air any
Spirit of Arkansas segment.
2. The winners will be notified by phone. Before claiming prize, winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to the Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received by Stations on the same day of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Stations reserve the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within one (1) day, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest score, as determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Stations. The Stations have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any thirty (30) day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and KATV, LLC are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and KATV, LLC are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and KATV, LLC have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KATV, 401 Main Street, Little Rock, AR 72201 and on the Station’s website at www.katv.com.
2. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., KATV, LLC, and Rainwater, Holt & Sexton accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
3. Stations cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
4. Stations reserve the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
5. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Stations, any sponsors, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.